Tongue mounted, super quiet 3,000 watt Honda gasoline generator package
This package offers more power than plugging in at your customers’ homes, but this arrangement requires you to be conscious about your power use.
You will not be able to operate all of your equipment at the same time, but you will have the famously super-quiet experience this generator is known for (58 decibels).
We mount the generator on the tongue over the propane bottle. We fabricate and powder coat our own generator rack. We wire your GT to accommodate either generator or shoreline power (plugging into an electrical outlet). We also wire the generator to automatically re-charge your trailer’s 12-volt system (which is also maintained by your primary vehicle).
“Pros & Cons” of this generator package:
- This generator is famously quiet.
- You can groom pretty much anywhere (condominiums, apartments, parks, etc.)
- You will need to be conscious about how you manage your energy consumption because you will not be able to operate your air conditioner and dryer on full blast simultaneously.
- You get between 7.2 and 20 hours of use (depending on load) until you need to fill up the gas tank.
- You need to maintain it.
- You will feel a little bit of vibration.
What most GT customers do is use the generator on really hot days when they need to have the air conditioner on non-stop or when they have no means of plugging into a customer’s home. Their primary source of power is by shor-line (an extension cord connected to their customer’s home).
If you choose not to select a generator package, you can easily add one later. We pre-wire the salon and beef up the framing to accommodate your own tongue-mounted generator in the future.